Cuba SD/HD/4k Playout
PACE Media’s CUBA HDP Playout Server is a complete and solid 24/7 channel in a box
playout system designed for professional video broadcasters.
CUBA HDP combines video playout, on air graphics, playlist management and transfer management in one robust and cost effective single server solution.
CUBA HDP handles SD/HD/4K workflows, integrates live feeds from SDI or UDP, external triggers like GPI events as well as real-time graphics from simple channel branding to complex graphical on air designs including corner logos, lower thirds and tickers that update manually or automated from RSS feeds, XML data sources and remote databases.
Featuring an easy user interface, CUBA HDP empowers broadcasters to schedule and manage their broadcast playout, and apply modifications even while on air.
CUBA HDP’s easy-to-use, timeline-based user interface enables operators to schedule content days or even weeks in advance, while providing a traditional list view and full metadata support.
CUBA Playout Management is a powerful web-based platform independent tool, to plan and import playlists, monitor playout servers and manipulate the rundown. It allows the operator to control an unlimited number of playout servers regardless of the servers’ location all over the world.
CUBA HDP’s real-time graphics engine allows you to create complex graphical layouts with an unlimited number of independent graphics layers. Graphics templates consisting of corner bugs (static or image sequences), crawls/tickers, clocks, lower thirds, DVE effects (e.g. push back) and more can be created easily with the integrated layout tool CUBA Creator.
Using secondary events CUBA HDP’s real-time features enable you to populate graphics templates on the fly with data from the playlist or external sources.
CUBA HDP comes with a scripting API which allows you to extend the functionality of CUBA HDP.
CUBA Playout Management is a powerful web-based platform independent tool, providing all features you need to plan and import playlists, monitor playout servers and manipulate the rundown. It allows the operator to control an unlimited number of playout servers regardless of the servers’ location all over the world.
With CUBA Playout Management you easily keep track of all content you need for your playout, including automatic file transfer to playout servers.
CUBA Playout Management offers the unique feature of remote control and management of playlists and servers , allowing the operation of decentralized playout centers around the world.
CUBA HDP supports major broadcast video file containers and codecs like QuickTime and MXF, H.264, MPEG-4, IMX, ProRes, DVCPROHD, XDCAMHD, DNxHD, HDV and uncompressed video.
With the live input option CUBA HDP processes input signals from SDI video or UDP stream sources. A live signal can be mixed/switched to the output manually or controlled by playlist. The integrated DVE feature of CUBA HDP allows to scale live or file streams and to create picture in picture effects.
CUBA HDP supports different output options. You can choose from SDI output up to 4K resolution, UDP, or ASI output. You even can combine different output options on a single server.
- 24/7 channel in a box playout
- HD/SD/4K downscale/upscale
- PAL/NTSC output
- Multi resolution output HD/SD
- Output: SDI/UDP/ASI
- Video preview, audio VU-meters
- Mixed playlists (format, resolution)
- Playout control: auto-follow, absolute date/time, external triggers (DTMF/GPIO)
- Automated playlist management, playlist watch folder
- Automated handling of gaps and overlaps in the program rundown
- Looped rundown
- Clip trimming
- Clip preview with trimming function
- File playback cross fade (video/audio)
- Multichannel audio live input and playback
- Audio mixing
- Audio channel routing
- Closed/open caption subtitling
- Video input format SDI/UDP
- Graphics: logo, animated logo, crawl, roll, DVE, still images, image sequences, text, clock, transitions
- 3D DVE effects for file playback and live input
- DTMF triggering
- GPIO interface
- Full system redundancy available
- Monitoring interface for controlling multiple playout servers
- Email notification
- Application log, as-run log
- Watchdog for automated restart of the playout
- On air lock
- Scripting API (Java Script)
- Codecs/containers: DV, DV Stream, DVCam, HDV, DVCPRO25/50, DVCPRO HD, IMX 30/40/50, XDCAM HD 422, Avid DNxHD, Quicktime Apple ProRes codecs, H.264, MPEG-4MXF OP1a, Uncompressed Video in either 8- or 10-bit